It is important to read the following CLEARpath Website Usage Policies. Your use of this Site constitutes your agreement to abide by these terms:
- The Chicago Police Department Website, CLEARpath, is created and designed for the purpose of communicating general information with users of the Internet by electronic means. The Chicago Police Department does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability or confidentiality of any such communications. The Internet should not be used to transmit any sensitive or confidential information to the Chicago Police Department as such information may be easily intercepted. Given the unreliable nature of Internet communications, information transmitted to the Chicago Police Department via electronic means may not be received at all, nor received or reviewed in a timely manner.
- The Chicago Police Department CLEARpath Website should not be relied upon for emergency services. If you have emergency or important time-sensitive crime information, you should call 911. For non-emergency service, the appropriate telephone number is call 311.
- All materials published on CLEARpath are protected by copyright, and owned or controlled by the Chicago Police Department, or the party listed as the provider of the content, software or other materials. Commercial use of the materials is prohibited without the written permission of the Chicago Police Department.
- The Chicago Police Department reserves the right to modify, update or alter these Terms at any time. Your continued use of the CLEARpath Site constitutes your agreement to comply with such modifications.
- Communications made through this Website’s e-mail and/or messaging system shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the Chicago Police Department or any of its departments, officers, employees, agents or representatives, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the Chicago Police Department or any of its departments, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, where notice to the Chicago Police Department is required by any federal, state, local ordinances, rules and/or regulations.
- CLEARpath is an official Chicago Police Department government system, which may be used only for authorized purposes. Unauthorized modification of any information stored on this system may result in criminal prosecution under Federal, State, and local ordinance. The Chicago Police Department and its agents may monitor and audit the usage of this system, and all persons are hereby notified that use of this system constitutes consent to such monitoring and auditing.
- Use of the NAME, INITIALS, or STAR of the Chicago Police Department (CPD) is restricted by law and may be used only with written permission of the Chicago Police Board.
- Unauthorized copying, reproduction, republishing, uploading, downloading, posting, transmitting or duplication any of the material is prohibited. You may download or copy any downloadable materials displayed on CLEARpath for home, noncommercial and personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in such material and you agree to abide by all additional copyright notices, information or restrictions contained in any material accessed through CLEARpath.
- The information provided on CLEARpath, and links to other related Websites, are provided as a courtesy to CLEARpath visitors only, and are in no manner an endorsement, recommendation or approval of any person, any product or any service contained on any other Website.
- The Chicago Police Department is neither responsible nor liable for any viruses or other contamination of your system nor for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions arising out of your use of CLEARpath or with respect to the material contained on CLEARpath, including without limitation, any material posted on CLEARpath. CLEARpath and all materials contained on it are distributed and transmitted “as is” without warranties or any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The Chicago Police Department is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the CLEARpath Site and/or the materials contained on CLEARpath whether the material is provided by the Chicago Police Department, or a third party.
- The Chicago Police Department operates CLEARpath from its offices in Chicago and makes no representations that materials on this Site are appropriate or available for use in other cities, states or countries. If you access CLEARpath from other locations, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules, ordinances and regulations.
- This Agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois as applied to agreements made and to be performed entirely therein. Any action brought to enforce the Agreement or in connection with the CLEARpath Website shall be brought in either the state or federal courts in Cook County, Illinois.